Title: IT Tech
Job Summary: Develops and maintains information systems including web-site, interface, financial applications and software support and development. Conducts systems project planning, design, documentation, training and installation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs regular systems monitoring including verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes; reviews system and application logs and verifies completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
2. Secures systems by developing, administering and monitoring system access; establishing and treating disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing backups and maintaining documentation.
3. Assists with system maintenance and modification as needed.
4. Coordinates the analysis of data gathering considering all available solutions; proposes recommendations for implementation of application system and inter-system communications enhancements.
5. Implements software on new and existing systems for department and individual use.
6. Develops, maintains, and updates functional operating manuals and contingency plans; outlines methods of performing work in accordance with established policies and procedures.
7. Directs, configures and implements server and client side systems applications.
8. Coordinates all new system installations and upgrades from a system perspective, and project implementation with specific product vendors.
9. Assists with training personnel on MIS and new applications system changes.
10. Develops and maintains all user and MIS documentation.
11. Provides coordinated support with the MIS Manager, and Database Administrator as needed.
12. Maintains knowledge of all Seminole Nation’s information, software, hardware and operating systems.
13. Keeps abreast of industry trends and new technologies.
14. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of information systems, technologies, and applications.
2. Knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and/ or Wide Area (WAN) hardware and software and network communication protocols such as TCP/IP.
3. Knowledge of computer languages, mainframe languages, and databases.
4. Knowledge of server and required network administration tools including backup and restore.
5. Skill in working with network firewall installation and maintenance.
6. Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
7. Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs.
8. Skill in system troubleshooting and problem-solving.
9. Skill in reviewing and analyzing complex technical manuals or journals.
10. Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
11. Ability to exercise independent judgment.
12. Ability to install and maintain Microsoft Windows and VMWare server including Microsoft Exchange mail server.
13. Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
14. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
15. Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
16. Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
Three years related work experience in system administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education and experience may be used interchangeably to meet the minimum qualifications.
Valid Oklahoma driver’s license with ability to meet Seminole Nation liability insurance requirements and maintain eligibility for insurance.
Must be able to pass background check, with no prior convictions and/or felonies.
Must be able to comply with the Seminole Nation Drug Free Workplace policies.
1. May be required to work beyond normal working hours.
2. Subject to hazards, which may cause personal bodily harm; smoke; exposure to contagious diseases, cuts, bruises, common cold, influenza, dust, odors and elevated noise levels.
3. Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard and soft carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
4. Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time, sitting and crouching.
5. Specific required movements include the following:
Trunk: bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, and carry.
Arms: reach, carry, push, pull, lift, twist, rotate
Legs: lift, push, pull, twist, rotate
Hands: grasp, manipulate, bilateral coordination, eye and hand coordination, overall and finger dexterity.