Click Here to fill out our official online application.
Transportation Specialist - Transit
Incumbent must operate multi-passenger vehicles along both fixed and demand destinations based on customer needs. Incumbent transports clients to non-emergency medical care or to other transportation services in accordance with policy and procedures and assigned departmental Chain of Command.
Satisfactory job performance will be determined by successful execution of the following:
- Must prepare and submit reports which include accurate driver logs, pre-trip inspections, trip summary logs, and accident/incident reports when necessary.
- Must have knowledge of local and regional geographic service area, i.e., urban, rural, and local communities.
- Must comply with all traffic regulations in accordance with state and tribal organizations.
- Obtain appropriate schedule for assigned route.
- Prepares vehicle by checking safety features, warming up engine, inspecting tie downs, wheelchair lifts, stanchion poles, first aid kits, and fire extinguishers and checking interior and exterior of van for damage.
- Ensure safety of the passengers; courteously assist passengers as requested or necessary.
- Checks van for lost articles and perform necessary good housekeeping duties.
- Cleans vehicles with washes, disinfectants, vacuuming, glass cleaning when warranted or directed.
- Report mechanical malfunctions on vehicle when immediately discovered; check other safety features periodically or at the end of the scheduled run.
- Submits required reports and other forms for accidents, injuries and incidents, lost articles or other situations as necessary.
- Perform radio dispatch and/or ride scheduling duties as assigned.
- Respond to emergency transportation needs as required by Dispatch.
- Assist in the training of new drivers as necessary.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of wheelchair passengers utilizing Passenger Service and Safety guidelines.
- Uses wheelchair lifts and wheelchair tie downs to ensure the safety and security of passengers.
- Observes all designated speed limits and driving laws while operating vehicles.
- Verifies pick up and drop off sites for clients.
- Exhibits cooperation, courtesy, and a positive attitude toward the public and with clients’ families and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Oklahoma Commercial Driver’s license with a passenger endorsement.
- Good driving record which is insurable by the Seminole Nation’s insurance carrier.
- Five (5) years’ experience as a bus, truck or delivery driver, commercial chauffeur, or similar experience preferred.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background investigation and drug screening is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Knowledge of rules of the road and road signage.
- Knowledge of Oklahoma driver and passenger service regulations.
- Knowledge of the tribal community and surrounding areas.
- Skill in the operation of 8, 15, or handicapped passenger vans with the ability to
use the handicapped equipment located on van.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of the elderly or disabled.
- Ability to drive safely and efficiently.
- Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to respond to and remain calm in an emergency or crisis situation.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of
varying social and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Work odd shifts, weekends and special events.
- Work is performed indoors, outdoors, and in an automobile or passenger van.
- Exposure to exhaust and gas fumes may occur when driving or monitoring the automobile or van.
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Travel within and outside of the Seminole area is required.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Other