Click Here to fill out our official online application.
General Ledger Accountant II
Position Title: General Ledger Accountant II
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Responsible for assisting in maintaining the general ledger on a daily basis, prepares preliminary monthly financial statements, and directs reconciliation and analysis of general ledger account balances on a monthly basis.
Satisfactory job performance will be determined by successful execution of the following:
1. Reconciles bank statements on a monthly basis; researches and resolves discrepancies with cash balances in collaboration with the Treasury Office.
2. Analyze and reconciles general ledger accounts on a monthly basis and makes all necessary adjustments.
3. Collaborates with Management and/or Budget Officer for financial statement budget maintenance and analysis.
4. Assists accounting staff and/or Management staff in resolving questions related to accounting policy/procedure, account coding, and reconciling accounts.
5. Analyze repairs and maintenance, equipment, capital asset, and other revenue accounts for the purpose of ensuring proper account codes for capital assets and to identify capital asset acquisitions and disposition for Property Management.
6. Monitors receipt of all Tribal, State, and Federal funding to the general ledger for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy of reported information and availability of funds.
7. Responsible for assisting accounting department with grant/contract close-outs, period closings, and annual Tribal audit.
8. Assists Payroll and/or programs with employee and/or other agency accounts receivable account reconciliation.
9. Processes account receivable invoices and payment transactions in the accounting system.
10. Prepares and analyzes Financial Statement trial balance and budget to actual reports for account discrepancies and makes necessary adjustments.
11. Prepares and distributes monthly financial statement detailed general ledger and other requested financial statements to Management staff.
12. Participates in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gather information required to perform job functions.
13. Assists other accounting staff with various duties
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is preferred.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience (minimum of four years of experience) will be considered in lieu of education.
• Experience in Governmental accounting preferred.
• Must be able to successfully complete a Seminole Nation background investigation.
• Must be able to comply with the Seminole Nation Drug Free Workplace policies.
Valid Oklahoma driver’s license with ability to meet Seminole Nation liability insurance requirements and maintain eligibility for insurance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of accounting, math, and record keeping practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of applicable tribal, federal, state, county and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
• Knowledge of departmental organization, functions, objectives, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of bookkeeping and record-keeping practices.
• Skill in using computerized accounting and office software programs.
• Skill in preparing, reviewing, and analyzing basic financial reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying cultural and social backgrounds.
• Ability to analyze, compare, and interpret facts and figures
• Ability to analyze financial information and draw logical conclusions.
• Ability to read, comprehend, explain and apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
Work is performed in a typical interior/office environment.
Noise level is minimal.