Click Here to fill out our official online application.
Position: Grounds/Maintenance Worker
Reports To: Wildlife Parks & Recreation Director
Department: Wildlife Parks & Recreation
Job Purpose: Performs and directs the work of subordinates to maintain the parks and grounds and surrounding Tribal facilities.
• Maintains Tribal parks and grounds around Tribal facilities following the Grounds Keeping schedule.
• Enforces safety rules and regulations.
• Cuts lawn, trims around walks, flower beds and fences, trims trees, brushes and shrubbery, maintains fences, fertilizes and prunes, rakes and removes leaves and other litter.
• Cleans drainage in ditches and culverts.
• Removes snow and ice from sidewalks and parking lots of all Tribal facilities.
• Operates and maintains tractors, lawn mowers, end loaders, power tools, etc., as needed and/or requested.
• Helps conduct routine facility maintenance/safety inspections and assures all grounds, equipment and buildings are maintained in a safe and operational manner.
• Maintains repair and service schedules for vehicles and equipment.
• Inspects equipment and tools for defects; performs cleaning, minor repairs, and maintenance on equipment. Refers major repairs to Director.
• Uses a variety of hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of safe operation of tools, power tools and grounds keeping equipment.
• Knowledge of appropriate safety procedures required when operating equipment and performing groundskeeper duties.
• Knowledge of lawn care is required.
• Knowledge of operation of riding lawnmower, snow blower, small tractor and small Bobcat is required.
• Knowledge of groundskeeping, landscaping, maintenance, and repairs.
• Skill in the safe operation of power tools, heavy equipment, and shop equipment.
• Ability to understand and carry out written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instruction.
• Ability to prepare and maintain work orders.
• Ability to use hand tools, electrical tools, and lawn maintenance equipment.
• Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks within strict deadlines.
• Ability to respond to and remain calm in emergency or crisis situations.
• Work is performed in indoor and outside environment.
• Exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur while performing outdoor duties.
• Situations occur where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed.
• Exposure to gas fumes, automobile fluids, and cleaning agents.
• Noise level is usually high.
• Evening and/or weekend work may be required.
• Stand and walk for up to 8 hours per day.
• Work requires the ability to sit for long periods of time while operating heavy equipment.
• Talk, hear, stoop, bend; kneeling, climbing; use hands to handle objects, equipment, controls and reach with arms and hands; carry equipment and supplies.
• Position requires frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs.
High school diploma or GED required
▪ Valid Oklahoma driver’s license with ability to meet Seminole Nation liability insurance requirements and maintain eligibility for insurance.
▪ Must be able to pass background check, with no prior convictions and/or felonies.
▪ Must be able to comply with the Seminole Nation Drug Free Workplace policies.