Click Here to fill out our official online application.
Position Title: Dispatcher (Part Time)
Reports to: Operations Manager
Schedules and dispatches drivers for the transfer of clients to their appropriate destination. Provides administrative and clerical support for the department and operates multi-passenger vehicles in the absence of a Transportation Specialist.
1. Administer and educate others on the supported program, providing accurate information and updates to policies and procedures for drivers, improving overall customer satisfaction in the process.
2. The Dispatcher is the first contact with the Driver, maintains constant communication by telephone/radio with the Drivers.
3. Communicates with Drivers and clients regularly.
4. Willingness to work additional hours to cover vacations and staff shortages, flexibility to cross train for multiple positions.
5. Resolve transportation related service issues and passenger complaints.
6. Assists in selecting and planning vehicles/drivers, logistics runs, and dispatches.
7. Keeping and organizing work requests, customer requests, completed work requests and call logs.
8. Must have flexible hours to accommodate Transit operational hours.
9. Must be willing to participate in department and tribal activities, meetings, extra-curricular events, and travel.
10. Assist Lead Dispatcher in supervising Transportation Specialist for Public Transit and Dialysis.
11. Must be able to assist training new staff to ensure they are road ready for all passengers.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred with at least one (1) year of relevant and related experience or an equivalent combination of education/related experience.
• Valid Oklahoma Commercial Driver’s License with a passenger endorsement with ability to meet Seminole Nation liability insurance requirements and maintain eligibility for insurance.
• Must be able to pass background check, with no prior convictions and/or felonies.
• Must be able to comply with the Seminole Nation Drug Free Workplace policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. Excellent communication skills to collaborate with others under any type of condition.
2. Excellent clerical and organizational skills to keep track of schedules, routes and personnel.
3. Knowledge of computers for scheduling and other dispatching duties.
4. Ability to multitask with different, and sometimes conflicting, events happening at the same time.
5. Ability to work under stress and remain calm and to calm other people during rapidly changing circumstances.
6. Ability to relay information in a fast-paced environment.
1. Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclined, hard, and soft carpeted floors, cement structures and surfaces.
2. Duties may involve walking, standing for long periods of time, sitting and crouching.
3. Specific required movements include the following:
Trunk: bend, twist, rotate, push, pull, carry
Arms: reach, carry, push, pull, lift, twist, rotate
Legs: lift, push, pull, twist, rotate
Hands: grasp, manipulate, bilateral coordination, eye and hand coordination, overall and finger dexterity
Position Type : Part Time