Click Here to fill out our official online application.
Justice of the Supreme Court
The Seminole Nation of Oklahoma is currently seeking the following position: Justice of the Supreme Court.
Please fill out our online application at
www.sno-nsn.gov/careers and must include a resume.
For any questions, please contact the General Council Secretary at (405) 257-7200 ext. 7276 or by email: GCSecretary@sno-nsn.gov
Minimum Qualifications of Justices
To be eligible for selection or confirmation as a justice of the Supreme Court, a person shall:
1. be a licensed attorney who
• is an enrolled member of a federally recognized Indian tribe; and
• is in good standing with the licensing authorities where licensed; and
• possesses a demonstrated background in tribal court practice.
2. have demonstrated moral integrity and fairness in his business, public and private life.
3. have never been convicted of a felony or an offense punishable by banishment, whether or not actually imprisoned or banished, and have not been convicted of any offense, except traffic offenses, for a period of ten (10) years next preceding his appointment. The ten (10) year period shall begin to run from the date the person was unconditionally released from supervision of any sort as a result of a conviction.
4. have regularly abstained from the excessive use of alcohol and use of illegal drugs or psychotoxic chemical solvents.
5. be not less than twenty-five (25) years of age.
6. not be a member of the General Council, or the holder of any other elective Office of this Nation, provided, that a candidate who is a member of the General Council, or the holder of some other elective Office of the Nation, may be confirmed as a judge subject to his resignation. Upon resignation from his office, he may be sworn in as and assume the duties of judicial office.
The compensation of all justices of the Supreme Court shall be set by legislation of the General Council.