Click Here to fill out our official online application.
Reports To: Executive Assistant
Department: Executive Office
Job Purpose: Maintains Executive Office files; answers incoming calls and performs general clerical duties.
• Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
• Takes and delivers messages or transfers call to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
• Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
• Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel. Answers questions about government services and provides general information.
• Monitors visitor’s access and sign in visitors as required.
• Updates appointment calendars as needed.
• Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
• Maintains phone system, fax machines, and other office equipment calling on repairs as needed.
• Sends out mailings and maintain and update Tribal Bulletin Board.
• May handle cash and petty cash drawer.
• Sends fax, and retrieves, logs and distributes incoming faxes.
• Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies as needed.
• Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
• Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
• Knowledge of office functions, procedures, and policies.
• Skill in operating various word-processing, spreadsheet and database software programs in a Windows environment.
• Skill in treating internal and external customers with tact, courtesy, and respect.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to interact and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
• Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Work is performed in a typical interior/office environment.
• Frequent interaction with the public.
• Noise level is usually minimal.
• Talk, hear, sit, stand; use hands to handle objects, equipment, controls and reach with arms and hands.
• Position requires frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs.
▪ High School Diploma/GED
▪ Six months related experience
▪ Valid Oklahoma driver’s license with ability to meet Seminole Nation liability insurance requirements and maintain eligibility for insurance.
▪ Must be able to pass background check, with no prior convictions and/or felonies.
▪ Must be able to comply with the Seminole Nation Drug Free Workplace policies.