Position Title: Community Services Specialist
Reports to: CHR Director
Responsible for helping improve the health status, knowledge, and practices of tribal community members by promoting, supporting, and assisting with health & home assessments, vital sign measurements, diabetes blood testing, and health education/prevention. Primarily works with elderly, disabled, and/or handicapped individuals.
1. Serves as a resource advocate for individuals and/or families trying to obtain health-care services in surrounding areas.
2. Performs community outreach informing community members of health care services within Seminole Nation.
3. Refers individuals to public or private agencies or community health care services for assistance.
4. Transports clients for non-emergency medical services/appointments.
5. Visits clients at home to perform health assessments, testing, and/or treatments.
6. Assists clients in completing eligibility forms for services.
7. Coordinates and monitors use of services including comprehensive tracking of client activities in relation to care plan such as attendance to all scheduled appointments, reviewing documentation of other in-house providers, and maintaining contact with external providers.
8. Provides general health education.
9. Performs minimal nutritional education.
10. Provides education on the use of walkers, crutches, wheelchairs, and canes.
11. Maintains official patient medical records and is compliant with HIPAA regulations in regards to patient privacy and confidentiality.
12. Maintains standards and practice in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and requirements, as well as professional standards.
13. Prepares monthly statistical reports and client status reports that are turned into supervisor/director.
14. Assists with community health presentations and clinics.
15. Assists with community health promotion and disease prevention events that may be coordinated by CHR and/or Diabetes program.
16. Attends training and conferences to meet requirements for maintaining certifications.
17. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading of current literature/research, attending in-services, staff trainings, and workshops.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Certified Nursing Assistant designation preferred.
3. CPR, First Aid and CHR certifications required but can be obtained within first 60 days of employment.
4. One year experience in health care, home health, and/or related field preferred.
5. Valid Oklahoma driver’s license with ability to meet Seminole Nation liability insurance requirements and maintain eligibility for insurance.
6. Must be able to pass a physical examination and TB screening.
7. Must be able to pass the Seminole Nation required background check.
8. Must be able to comply with the Seminole Nation Drug Free Workplace policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of medical terminology.
2. Knowledge of surrounding areas/counties.
3. Knowledge of the Native American community is helpful.
4. Skilled in computer literacy.
5. Ability to advocate for the patient during medical and non-medical appointments.
6. Ability to identify problems and report to supervisor on behalf of the patient as soon as possible.
7. Ability to demonstrate dependability, i.e. compliance with established work schedules.
8. Ability to provide services independently without constant observation and supervision.
9. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
10. Ability to present, teach, and demonstrate healthy lifestyle practices and topics.
11. Ability to effectively meet and communicate with the public and coworkers.
12. Must be able to maintain records and files with precision and accuracy.
13. Must be able to interact with people in a manner that shows cultural sensitivity, tact, and professionalism.
1. Work is generally performed in a home or office setting, as well as tribal vehicle with moderate noise level.
2. Subject to hazards that may cause personal bodily harm, smoke, exposure to contagious diseases, cuts, bruises, common cold, influenza, dust, odors, and elevated noise levels.
3. Prolonged sitting/walking/standing may occur with periods of crouching.
4. Must be able to sit for up to 6 hours per day while driving.
5. Uses back, arms, hands when opening doors and wheelchairs, lifts, levers, and equipment.
6. Position requires frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day